Do you consider yourself a Healthy Person?
Before you answer, we need to be on the same page about what “health” really is. According to World Health organization, “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Essentially, every area of your life falls into one (or more) of these categories, and, YES, it should be your goal to master every discipline.
• Spiritual – Having a thriving relationship with your Creator.
• Physical – Maintaining a strong, healthy body.
• Mental – Being intellectually sound and having the mind of Christ.
• Emotional – Being at peace and enjoying a balance of healthy feelings.
• Financial – Having enough to provide for your family and to be BIG givers.
• Occupational – Truly enjoying the work of your hands.
• Social – Fostering deep, mutually beneficial relationships with friends, family and people that you encounter every day.
We should make attempts to become healthy naturally, there is no quick fix. Thieves is my all time go-to oil for so many uses, from internally to household. Some of them were covered in the previous post on Thieves Oil.
Young Living Product Summary –
Thieves Essential Oil Blend
Europeans began producing essential oils in the 12th century. During the Plague of the 15th century, certain thieves were able to rob the dead without fear of becoming infected by the terrible disease. After being captured and charged with robbing the dead and dying victims of the plague, the thieves were offered a deal. The magistrate offered them leniency if they would reveal how they managed to avoid contracting the dreaded infection, in spite of their close proximity with the infected corpses. They disclosed that they were perfumers and spice traders, and that they had rubbed themselves with a concoction of aromatic herbs (cinnamon, and clove).
Thieves® essential oil blend was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying.
Thieves Blend™ was found to have a 99.6 percent kill rate against airborne bacteria!
Young Living’s one-of-a-kind Thieves blend, crafted in the spirit of that legendary combination, can be found in all of our Thieves products. Thieves supports healthy immune function, and includes Eucalyptus radiata essential oil, which may help maintain a healthy respiratory system.* When taken as a dietary supplement, Thieves is an ideal complement to a daily wellness regimen.*
Clove (Syzygium aromaticum)† bud oil, Lemon (Citrus limon)† peel oil, Cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum)† bark oil, Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus radiata)† leaf oil, Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)† leaf oil †100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil
• Includes Eucalyptus radiata, which may help maintain healthy respiratory and immune systems when taken internally.*
• Includes naturally occurring constituents limonene, eugenol, and eucalyptol.
• May contribute to overall wellness when taken as a dietary supplement.
Dietary: Dilute 1 drop with 4 drops of carrier oil. Put in a capsule and take once daily or as directed by a health professional.
Thieves™ Blend is so effective and popular – that there is an entire line of germ fighting products to choose from: Sore Throat Lozenges; Household Cleansing Spray; Bar Soap; Foaming Hand Soap, Toothpaste; and Mouthwash.
“Our family uses Thieves™ Blend. It is a more natural way to fight infectious germs – it’s good for us, and good for the planet.” James Niederland, LCSW, Psychotherapist & Wellness Consultant
101 Uses for Thieves Essential Oil
THIEVES was tested at Weber State University and found to be highly effective against airborne bacteria as it contains clove, lemon, eucalyptus radiata, rosemary and cinnamon. While there are countless ways to use Thieves essential oil blend by itself, Young Living has also created a full line of Thieves Oil enhanced products to enhance our healthful life style.
USES FOR THIEVES ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
- Apply to cuts or open wounds to prevent infection and promote healing.
- Mix with a tablespoon of water, gargle & swallow to stop a sore throat.
- Apply undiluted directly to the skin of your upper chest and throat for bronchitis.
- Put a drop on your thumb and apply to the roof of your mouth for a headache.
- Put 10-12 drops in a capsule undiluted and swallow daily for longevity.
- For acne, take internally and apply to skin diluted with oil.
- Put directly on the soles of your feet to protect you from colds and flu.
- Diffuse in home/office to keep the germ count down.
- Breathe in vapors when you have lung congestion.
- Use to clean pet cages, creating a healthier environment for them.
- Add to your dishwasher for cleaner dishes.
- Add to your laundry cycle for cleaner clothes.
- Add to your mop water for cleaner floors.
- Mix with water to make a spray to repel insects on your plants.
- Use to dissolve the gummy adhesive on price labels.
- Apply to bee and wasp stings to neutralize the toxins and relieve pain.
- Apply to gums to prevent and treat gum disease.
- Apply orally to maintain healthy teeth and reduce cavities.
- Apply to gums and teeth for pain relief from toothaches.
- Diffuse in homes or businesses to solve mold problems.
- Add to orange juice and drink to reduce phlegm and congestion.
- Apply to broken bones or joints for pain relief and to hasten healing.
- Put a drop in your cup of tea for flavor and to maintain health.
- Put on the tip of your tongue to help you stop smoking.
- Put on cold sores to make them disappear.
- For warts, apply topically, inhale and take in capsules to make them disappear
- Rub on sore joints to relieve arthritis pain.
- Drink a few drops in water or juice every three hours to stop a cold.
- Place a drop on the tongue and a drop in a glass of water every day for herpes.
- Rub on bottoms of children’s feet for protection before school.
- Diffuse in the house as your children come home from school.
- Mix 50:50 with vegetable oil and rub on daily for relief of shingles.
- Apply a drop on a wound of a cat or dog to clear it up.
- Diffuse in home or office to stimulate a cheerful mood.
- Diffuse in the office to increase concentration and work efficiency.
- Diffuse in your place of business to ward off the germs.
- Diffuse in the classroom to reduce student sickness and absenteeism.
- Put a few drops in your carpet steamer to disinfect carpet.
- Mix a few drops with a teaspoon of honey for cough relief.
- Breathe and apply for sinus headaches.
- Put a drop on a pimple to make it shrink & disappear.
- For Laryngitis, put a drop under tongue to restore voice.
- Inhale for relief of allergy symptoms.
- Take a capsule full every day for relief of Lyme disease symptoms.
- Carry a bottle on every flight to protect you from germs.
- Drop in a heat/Ac vents of a hotel to cleanse room.
- Apply one drop on an infected wound of cat or dog to clear.
- Mix with baking soda to clean bathtubs.
- Apply undiluted to the toes and feet to combat fungus.
- Apply to poison ivy rashes ( may need to dilute with vegetable oil to relieve the itch.
USES FOR THIEVES HOUSEHOLD CLEANER
- Use for bathrooms and toilets to sanitize and freshen.
- Use to cut grease on kitchen counters/stovetops.
- Use to mop floors to clean and disinfect.
- Apply to hands to remove stubborn, sticky substances.
- Use to wash fruits and vegetables from supermarket.
- Add to water in your vacuum cleaner to cleanse air.
- Add to your carpet cleaner to disinfect the carpet.
- Squirt along ant trails in house to keep them out.
- Use in school classrooms to cut down on student sickness.
- Scrub old floors to remove old varnish and prepare for refinishing.
- Clean upholstery in your living room.
- Clean the upholstery and dashboard of your car.
- Soak off burnt food in pots and skillets.
- Wipe or soak garbage cans to get them clean, sanitary and smelling fresh.
- For bad stains, pour it on as a pre-wash remover.
- Use undiluted to clean and kill mold on walls & floors.
USES FOR THIEVES LOZENGES
- Take with the first sniffle and signs of a cold or sore throat.
- Take prior to singing performances to keep the voice strong.
- Use to hasten healing when a cold or flu has been contracted.
- Keep a box in church to have available for the choir.
- Suck on one as you enter an airplane to protect you from germs.
USES FOR THIEVES FRESH ESSENCE MOUTHWASH
- Rinse daily for clean breath, teeth, and gums.
- Gargle before a singing engagement to clear mucus.
- Use as a waterless hand sanitizer.
- Rub on hands to make them soft, fresh and smooth.
- Apply to face to clear acne.
USES FOR THIEVES BAR SOAP
- Rub on stains as a pre-wash stain remover.
- Use as a deodorant or antibacterial hand soap
USES FOR THIEVES SPRAY
- Spray on doorknobs in public restrooms to kill germs.
- Spray in throat to restore a lost voice.
- Spray hands before and after shaking hands with a lot of people.
- Spray in restrooms on airplanes to reduce airport bacteria.
- Spray on fruits and vegetables and fruits when washing them.
- Carry for protection in countries with cholera, malaria or dysentery.
- Use as an air freshener for cooking odors or other unwanted smells.
- Take to gym and spray all the equipment you use.
- Take to the supermarket and use to disinfect shopping cart handles.
- Use in the classroom for desks, tables and other items handled by children
- Spray in your mouth and throat to stop a cold or bronchitis.
- Spray on shower stalls and bathroom walls to kill and remove mold.
USES FOR THIEVES DENTAROME TOOTHPASTE
- Brush every day to prevent cavities and gum disease.
- Use when teeth have been damaged or broken to help them heal.
- Use to prevent or heal gum disease.
- Apply as an underarm deodorant.
USES FOR THIEVES WIPES
- Wipe doorknobs and other things touched by the public.
- Wipe dirty piano keys to clean and disinfect them.
- Use to clean children’s hands when traveling.
- Use on the steering wheel and gearshift of any vehicle.
- Use on public telephones to remove germs.
- Use on public computer keyboards and mouse
A SPECIAL ANTIBIOTIC FORMULA
- Combine 10-12 drops of Thieves blend with 6-8 drops of Oregano, and 2 drops of Frankincense in capsule for a cold, flu and other serious infections, and swallow.
† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This article is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice and treatment from your personal physician. Readers are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither the publisher nor the author takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person reading or following the information in this book. All readers, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition or supplement program.